The match between the two countries was also played at Old Trafford, Manchester in 1999 Cricket World Cup; Where India defeated Pakistan by 47 runs. India has never lost to Pakistan in World Cup match
ICC World Cup 2019
The mother of all struggles is almost on us. India will face India in the ICC Cricket World Cup in Manchester on Sunday and the world’s eyes will be on Old Trafford.
Incidentally, the match between the two countries in the 1999 Cricket World Cup was played in Old Trafford, Manchester; Where India defeated Pakistan by 47 runs.
India won their first two matches against South Africa and Australia without an unbeaten match in this tournament, however, the match was washed off against New Zealand and both the teams got one point each.
On the other hand, Pakistan has won only one out of their four matches, while two more matches have been abandoned due to rain.
Virat Kohli’s men had a great setback before their match against Kiwi with Shikhar Dhawan and the rule was ruled for nearly three weeks with a broken thumb and this would have a big impact on the team line-up for the rest of the tournament.
The match against New Zealand must have given us some thought, but as mentioned earlier the match was washed.
The expected team of livemint is India line-up, hoping to be a high-octane encounter.
1) KL Rahul –Firstly, the batting has opened in all formats of the game and it is a natural replacement for Dhawan. In the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, India has done well in two matches.
2) Rohit Sharma –Rohit is the form man for India in this series, who has scored a century and a fifty in the tournament. He needs to play well on his own and should also nurture his early companion.
3) Virat Kohli –Seen in the oval against Australia in the oval. His fantastic innings was a bit of a lot, which was too much for the Australian team. Scores a ton against Pakistan in the 2015 World Cup and was looking to do the same in Manchester’s Old Trafford.
4) Dinesh Karthik – The manner in which the Indian team is, there is an option between Dinesh Karthik and Vijay Shankar, who batted at number four and the action given to Karthik, he is doing, instead of injured Dhawan. Karthik also performed well in the IPL, so should come in the team with confidence.
5) MS Dhoni –In the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, India is undoubtedly number one behind the stump and is in good form with the bat. India has the best finisher and its experience against Pakistan will be important.
6) Kedar Jadhav –Nothing has been done by the bat so far in the cup and he has just thrown five overs. It can be a neck cutter block, but it is unlikely.
7) Hardik Pandya –In the tournament so far have played two cameo from the bat and have helped Men in Blue. Bowling can be improved and that Pandya will be expected.
8) Kuldeep Yadav – The tournament started as India’s number one spinner, but only took one wicket in the tournament. He wants to perform strongly against Pakistan.
9) Bhuvneshwar Kumar –In the tournament so far, five wickets and that was the one who brake Australia, when they looked really dangerous with two wickets in the over. Their economy rate is also good.
10) Yuzvendra Chahal –In the tournament so far, there has been a mystery for the India’s leading wicket-takers and six-wicket-taker batsmen in the next few matches and how they will be very much on the team’s performance in Kuldeep Fair.
11) Jasprit Bumrah –India’s number one bowler in all forms of cricket and he has been fantastic so far, he has taken five wickets. They have a good record against Pakistan and they want to perform better.