Hello everyone and welcome to SPORTSKEEDI preview of the first test between India vs England.
England avenged their 2-1 T20I series defeat with a 2-1 ODI series victory against India. With the limited-overs fixtures done and dusted, the two teams are now set to face each other in the longest format of the game in the first test at Edgbaston in Birmingham from Wednesday, August
India vs England 2018 cricket series: results, fixtures, and TV coverage
England won the consecutive eighth series of ODIs because they defeated India in Headingley, taking revenge for the T-20 defeat before the Test series starting in August.
Eoin Morgan’s team was badly beaten in the first match of the series, but with both the matches, with Joy Route, returns to form in the Lord’s and Headingley with signs of the return to form with centuries.
India batted first at Headingley but a good bowling performance limited them to 256-8, in which Virat Kohli reached only 50 runs. Man-of-the-match Adil Rashid dismissed for 71 runs – this was the first time Indian had been bowled cleanly by a spinner in an ODI.
India won 2-1 in the three-match Twenty20 series.
The five-match Test series begins on 1 August at Edgbaston.
England vs India fixtures and results
This summer England play India in three one-day internationals and five Test matches.
- 1st T20: India won by eight wickets
- 2nd T20: England won by five wickets
- 3rd T20: India won by seven wickets (India won the series 2-1)
- 1st ODI: India won by eight wickets
- 14 July: England won by 86 runs
- 17 July: England won by eight wickets (England won the series 2-1)
- 1-4 August: 1st Test at Edgbaston, 11 am
- 9-13 August: 2nd Test at Lord’s, 11 am
- 18-22 August: 3rd Test at Trent Bridge, 11 am
- 30 August to 3 September: 4th Test at the Ageas Bowl, 11 am
- 7-11 September: 5th Test at the Oval, 11 am
India vs England Test Match 2018 How to watch on TV
Sky Sports Cricket will show live coverage of the India vs England cricket series this summer.
India Team Squad
Virat Kohli (C), Dinesh Karthik, Hardik Pandya or Kuldeep Yadav, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Murali Vijay, KL Rahul and Cheteshwar Pujara.
England Teams Squad
Joe Root (C), Dawid Malan, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali, Stuart Broad, Adil Rashid, James Anderson, Alastair Cook and Keaton Jennings.